MagiCNet developer's notes
- Developers using gcc for MiNT and MagiC development
should have no problem
- writting MagiCNet compatible applications. One thing I'd
suggest is to modify your
- NETDB.H file to use u:\\etc\\<etc_file>
instead of /etc/<etc_file>, this
- users will not have to run programs that need /etc/files
from their U: drive.
- For driver development (XIFs, MIFs) there is now a 'fake'
MiNT kernel passed
- to the drivers which supports some MiNT calls as if it
was the MiNT kernel.
- Needless to say care should be taken when making such
calls, staying with what
- current ethernet drivers use, can be considered safe.
- There is also the posibility to 'relocate' the MagiC
kernel (I mean the kernel structure
- that we pass to the drivers) and thus make them almost
- I'm open to suggestions on this subject. (well, I was, it
has been done :-)
- Pure C users, please download the archive below and read
the readme.txt file for
- further info.
- Pure C
development kit ( 71 KB) (Updated!)
- Sources for the whole project will be available here soon
( a cleanup is needed).
Last revised: 09 Nov 2001